Every Body Deserves A Good Stretch™

Our philosophy is that everyone deserves yoga. My training enables me to offer yoga to everybody, regardless of shape, size, level of fitness or mobility. We laugh a lot, move and make noise. Chair yoga, gentle, restorative, guided meditations, moon salutations, yoga nidra (iRest), basic yoga. Balance, breath and movement.

Search This Blog

Articles and Schedules

Monday, March 24, 2008

Crow/Spring Moon and New Session

Friday's Crow Moon Salutation class was pretty fun. Five of us laughed and said goodbye to Winter, welcoming in Spring with it's promise of blooms--both inside (of us) and outside. We worked hard, too. Since many of the people who come to class are regulars, I amped up the vinyasa, and we earned our Savasana at the end of class. Thanks to Zoe, Ron, Cate and Vivian.

Next: a big, fat apology to Ann, who showed up on Easter Sunday at 1 pm expecting a class. I was a no show; how irresponsible. Many others had told me they weren't coming to class. I was comfy at home in my jammies and just stayed that way, so, Ann, a special chocolate goody basket is being prepared for you whether you read this blog or not.

New session. Yea! First session of Spring, and we have a new teacher, Patty Heath, who is offering a Gentle Strengthening class on Thursday mornings from 8:30-9:45 am. This sounds promising and I received a little taste a few weeks ago. . .it's a nice blend of restorative, gentle and detailed standing poses. I think one of her goals is to have everyone move into a comfortable down dog! Since I've never been even close to comfort in that pose, I am looking forward to the class. We already have a few students--including me--so sign up now!

Daniella's schedule has gotten crazy so she wants to have a minimum of 4 students in her Monday night Gentle Flow. We don't have those numbers for her yet, so in the meantime, I will be tucking introductory classes in this timeslot. Keep checking the class schedule page .

If you are interested in bringing back this wonderful class of flowing poses, primarily sun salutations, then you must preregister. Check our schedule page (see above link)for an introductory class, which might happen towards the close of this session--maybe the first monday in May.

No comments: